Aquamat

Kingyo

Hi everybody!

My Dad lost an 8 year old female koi last month due to eutrophication (excessive algae bloom causing green water and oxygen depletion). He is very excited about a product called Aquamat and asked me to buy it for him. The brochure looks very nice and the science behind it makes sense. Does anybody have experience with this product?

http://www.aquamats.com/Ornamental/ornamental.html

Thanks!

Not personally, not yet anyway, but I have heard many good things about Aquamats. They not only take care of the green water, they also house a ton of extra bacteria due to the rough structure of those thick strings, as well as prefered spawning grounds for the fish. I have seen before and after pics from friends using aquamats, and it was amazing, how it took care of the green water. You dont notice it in the water much, it looks like a plant.

The only unpleasant thing about it is, that they are not cheap, though....

Wow, thats really interesting? but I dont understand how it reduces algae at all. From what I can tell it just acts as a place for more bacteria to colonize. If you do end up getting it and using it please let me know what you think. I reallly want to fix up my old pond at my parents' house. Our water there is perfectly cycled and balanced but green! The fish are thriving and healthy, except that you cant see them. Will the Aquamat solve that?

Archived