Sign in to follow this  
BuddyHolly

Oh Ferpetessake

This is only marginally goldie related. I landed back in the hospital again for the fourth time in the last two months, this time for 3 days. Thank Heavens that the boyfriend is visiting from North Dakota, he was able to take care of all my tanks. Been out now for 4 days and have been cleaning the tanks like mad. Jeeeez, they get dirty so FAST! I know I promised pictures of them, but I'm going to wait until their tank is nice and crystal clear before I do it. ;) bh

omg, i hope youre feeling better!!

hopefully this is your last trip to the hospital for a long time!!

glad to have you back on the forum!

:ill Man 4 times to the hospital!! Shesssh what a bummer!!

Whats seems to be the problem, Have they figured out whats going on with ya?..

Glad that your feeling better now!!! Sounds like you have your hands full cleaning tanks today!! Take Care... :)

Thanks :) First time in, I had a seizure at work and passed out.... splat flat on my face...black eyes, bump on head and two spinal fractures. Second time in my gall bladder nearly exploded, full of gangrene (I'm actually ashamed of this, I always thought gangrene was a 'dirty' person's affliction), third time, I thought I was going to pass out in my apartment and since I never have company, was afraid I'd croak and the cats would have to eat me to stay alive, and this last time, I seizured again at work and passed out. Velllllly creepy. I feel fine right now, but I'm really gunshy at this point. Anyhow, thanks all for the concern. I am a solitary person, been single for 19 years and lived alone. My fish and cats are my family. :rolleyes: You guys are great! bh

sorry to hear about your afflictions.. If it makes you feel any better, gangrene is not a 'dirty persons' disease. The definition of gangrene is the death of tissue, this occurs for many different reasons, a lot brought about by the reduction of blood flow to an area, ie if someone's got blocked arteries for one reason or another... like atherosclerosis for instance. Some is just due to immunosuppression.. The 'dirty' gangrene you're probably thinking about is gas gangrene, this is when a particular type of bacteria ( From memory I think it's cloistridium, but I never took microbiology during my studies) gets into a dirty wound. -Unfortunately it happens a lot to motorcyclists involved in MVAs they get whopping big grazes from skidding along the road and that's where all the bacteria gets introduced. But this can also happen during surgery in utmost cleanliness, and then it's just bad luck..... Most of this gangrene doesn't come about from a person being 'dirty' (depending on the type of bikers you hang around! (joke)).

Hope you are well on th way to recovery!

Man Buddy Holly!!

You sure have been through a lot, There is nothing to be ashamed of hun....

I am glad to hear that your getting back on your feet now. Cats and Fish are very good company in my opnion....Better than human company at times!! Take care, Hope your back to 100% soon.. :flowers:heart

MADELEINE and Froggydella, thanks so much. I'm woefully ignorant when it comes to details pertaining to things like gangrene. I AM much better today :) I concur that my animal companions are much more satisfying than my human ones, although I do enjoy the few human friends I have. :) bh

Good to hear your in better spirits now!! Glad to have you back, Although I don't think I was ever intorduced to you in the first place...

So, HI..Name is Della, Nice to meet you Buddy Holly :)

:hi

I'm glad your ok buddy! It's pretty hard when their trying to find a diagnosis for you, it can take forever! But i'm glad your feeling better now...

I work in a vascular ward and 80% of my patients have something gangrenous :) Dont worry, i love it! Theres nothing you can do to stop it, its not a plague or a disease... Anything that dies on you or in you will turn necrotic, its a fact of life :exactly I'm just happy they did your cholecystectomy fast enough!

Dang Chris, what the heck? Have they figured out anything else now? How are your platelets? Did they do the CT the doctor wanted you to have?

by the way, did you realize that your profile thing under your name says you are a male??? People might get the wrong idea about your boyfriend from N.D.!!!

Hope you are on the road to recovery.

Chris, have you considered a body scan to find out what exactly it is that causes those blockages or spells? It must be frightening to be alone at home and not feeling well - I know, I am bugged with anxiety attacks that feel like heart troubles at times, and at first when I didn't know what it was it was really frightening.

Be safe now... :hug

People might get the wrong idea about your boyfriend from N.D.!!!

Was wondeing about that! Doesn't bother me none, we're all humans! Male OR female! (although males are a bit weird sometimes.... :rofl )

BH, how's the recovery going? from what other's who are more in the know have posted, it sounds like you're really having a tough time. I hope that they can diagnose what you have so they can treat it adequately!... It's terrible when you don't know what's going on