I Got The Fish!

Guest PitchBlackMoore

Guest PitchBlackMoore

:newfish

I was sick today, so my parents dragged me outta bed to go have some hot chocolate at the mall, so I had about half a cup. Then it was my turn to do some dragging, though it was hard because I'm sniffing, sneezing, coughing and dragging two adults, so instead I used my charisma to persuade my parents to lead me to the petstore. There were some gorgeous mollies there. Fish, I mean, never heard of them before. When you put your finger on the glass they followed it, so I drew stuff with the mollies. Mum wanted me to get a molly.

I managed to persuade them to let me get some gravel and the betta, as I had most of the money I needed - only $2 over what money I had, but mum gave me my canteen money early, so I got the fish and the gravel.

He's gorgeous. He's a dark blue and black betta. He looks like someone sprinkled red glitter over the front of him. He's very active, and he spends time on my side of the tank as I'm typing this, going back and forth, back and forth. His fins look like something's nibbled them, but since he's acting active and friendly I don't think it's fin rot, because fin rot would hurt and he's zipping around like a mad thing. He's more active than Kaiba after being fed four times in one day by accident. O_o

All he's got in the tank is some red gravel (bad me), him, and the water, but I'm going to look for smooth stones later so I can put those in with him, because Kaiba and Goku were always fond of napping on them, and gravel's a bugger to clean anyway. I'll put a plastic plant or an ornament in when I get some money.

His tank, the one I had for a while, had a chip in the corner I didn't notice, but I easilly fixed the tiny leak with blu-tack. I'll get some tape for it later, or I'll sillicone it.

Aww, Sapphire (the fish) is nipping the gravel. Some of it has air bubbles in, and he's nipping the gravel (not eating it, it's too big) to see the air float to the top! That's even cuter than when Charlie, a snail we once had (RIP. :( ) climbed up the plant, let go, and repeated the cycle for a cute game!

Expect piccies soon! *Squee*

Sapphire's so active you'd think he was on something. O_o Or maybe he's hungry, Goku used to be very active when he was hungry.

(You'd have never guessed I'm sick with my hyperactivity... O_o)

Congrats on your new boy! When you get a little money,buy him a nice soft silk plant.He'll be able to rest on it easier without tearing his fins up,and love you all the more. ;)

Guest PitchBlackMoore

Thanks. :) Being sick stinks. :(

Congrats on your new boy! When you get a little money,buy him a nice soft silk plant.He'll be able to rest on it easier without tearing his fins up,and love you all the more. ;)

416855[/snapback]

Is that why all pet store bettas have fins like that? :(

-Edit- I've found and put in some smooth stones. :)

:rolleyes: Most of the time Pet Store Betta's are like that because of water quality. :( Alot of people when they get them,don't realize that alot of plastic plants/decorations are capable of causing tears in their Betta's fins,so sometimes I feel the need to mention that. ;)

Guest PitchBlackMoore

Yup, but it's good as long as we don't get too many bettas, but now my parents are looking at a FOURTH betta because Kaiba and Ruby's tank has two dividers (did I mention they went back for another one for my brother?) and I refused to let Sapphire share it (Kaiba has been very pissed since he moved to the new tank), so they want to fill up that last space in that tank with a fishy.

As long as they don't get another one after that... O_o

Archived