Black Ghost Knife And Goldfish -

PaNdeM0niuM

Black Ghost Knife....One very awesome fish for sure! They are capable of growing to about 20 inches long,and need a very big size tank.One of the awesome things about these fish,is the fact that they can swim frontwards/backwards,and upside down because of the way that they're made. They prefer ph in the Acidic range, around 6.5-7.They also prefer a dimly lit tank.They need hidey holes/caves,and they tend to prefer live foods. They're actually considered a Community fish,but will eat smaller fish if they catch them like Tetra's,etc. As cool as these guys are,they don't make good roomates with Goldies.Besides liking their water really warm,they prefer their PH to be alot lower than what the Goldies prefer.They sday that they're better with Angels/Gouramis/Discus,etc. :yeah:

• 2 months later...

Darn...i wanted one of those so much. Looks weird but I just love how they swim. Also saw in a nature channel that these lil fish emitt electrical signals. Much like an electric eel except it does not hurt anyone. Interesting fish.

They are very cool. My son talked me into one for his birthday last May. I was very hesitant because I knew they could get up to 2ft if it grew to full size. But the fish store owner ( yea...I know!! :) ) said they grow slowly. His daughter has had one for 6yrs and it still hasn't reached the 20in mark.

Archived