Pleasee Help Me With My Bubble-eye

Guest shell22

Guest shell22

hi...

ive jus come back home after being away a night to find one of my bubble-eye's cheeks is bright red, his other one is still orange, i've hunted on the net to get a diagnosis but can't seem to find anything.

can anyone help?

wot's up with my bubble-eye?!

please!!

Is it like a red streak?

If you could answer all the questions about his living conditions in the tank, it would help us diagnose the problem.

I am guessing it may be from ammonia if he is in a smaller tank. How often do you do your water changes?

Guest shell22

Hi, its not a red streak, one of his bubbles is totally red, not sure if its blood, he's got a few whie spots around the blooded eye and some white spots on his fin :(

Hi Shell22 and welcome. As Florissa mentioned above we need some more information from you before we can help. It is important to have all the information asked above for it gives us a better picture.

Red is usually not good in any sense, and many things could be going on. So hopefully we can help you figure it out asap. Post back soon.

I don't know what causes the redness in a bubble eyes bubble, but I have seen it twice with my fish. I do a large water change (about 40%). You can also add 0.1% salt which is 1 teaspoon per gallon. Use aquarium, kosher, pickling, coarse or sea salt. A salt without additives. Dissolve in tank water before adding.

I have also found that a bubble that has turned red will often break within a few days. These will reinflate without problem, though, and when that has happened to my fish, the redness was gone after the bubble reinflated.

How does your fish look today?

Guest shell22

Hi, Thank you for your comments, the bubble eyes white spots have gone from his fins and around the eye now. His bubble cheek is stil red, no change. i have moved him into a seperate tank as i think he could have the red cheek due to stress maybe as one of the other bigger goldfish seems to be a bit of a bully and chases him.

Yes, as glitterfish has suggested, if the bullying fish is nipping at the eye sac, that will irritate it and make it red.

Good that you separated them. This way you can see if that is the problem.

Bubble eyes tend to be bullied by faster moving fish.

Please keep us posted on his progress :)

Archived