I Need Some Advice

Anic

Ok, Friday when we got Harley, we took him to mmm. They had about 20 Crowntail male Bettas. I talked myself out of buying one because I don't need 6 Bettas and I'm running out of room as it is. I need some advice. Please? We're going later and I really don't want to come home with a fish I don't have room for. I need to go in the fish area anyway to look for some liquid calcium for Gary and the new snail.

Only take enough money for the calcium and keep telling yourself that the snails need the calcium more than you need anything else there.

I'm so bad. Somebody smack me. Well, he's a Crowntail. Red and blue. I put him in a plastic, 1 gal 'goldfish' bowl on my shelf.

I think Rue is about to "cash his check". He's old, I don't think he'll live but a few more months.

I couldn't find any calcuim in the fish stuff, anyway. There was some wierd little ammonia tester thing that stays in your tank.

I'm so bad.

Lol Anic!!!

*smack*

Okay, now that you've bought him, make sure his water is pristine and you won't feel bad. I went to vvvv to the first time in months and I saw their moors. My god...they were so cuddly and adorable! Moors are simply just my all time favorite. Cycle stupid tanks cycle!!!!!!!!!!!

I am. His tank water looks dirty, but it's because of our water (stupid pond). He's doing good so far. Makes me happy. I had to juggle Bettas earlier and I had two tanks sitting on the floor uncovered. Harley comes in and starts drinking Kasem's water! Aahhh! So, I had to re-plan everything. Everyone is doing good! I put Rue back in the 29 gal (he likes it better there, anyway) Kasem and the new guy are on the bookshelf, Marina is still in the 10 gal and Chico and Hoshi are in seperate tanks next to the 10 gal.

Oh, went from a short post to a long post!

At one time,I had 26 Betta's with 26 different Betta tanks! :yikes:thud (Along with my other Bigger tanks,so I know all about temptation,believe me. What happens though is that you have more and more water changes to do,and fish to take care of,and at some point you do start getting lax,and that's when the fish start to suffer. I have cut way back on my Betta's.I was totally out of hand. Now when I go into the Pet Shops,I ask my self,Do you have the proper tank he needs(Not some small container)/Do you have time to change another Betta tank?/ Will he get the special attention that he deserves? When I actually let myself think that way,I can really leave the Pet Stores without one. :exactly It took me a long time to think that way,but I am a much better fishkeeper for it. When you let yourself get too many fish,you just don't have the proper amount of time to care for them like they deserve. It will eventually overwhelm you-Believe me I know. :yeah: I will say Congrats on your new Betta though -He sounds just like one I have. Don't forget though that Betta's are Jumper's,and that accident's with pets do happen-Put them up high,and cover their tank tops. Not trying to preach-just want you to do good by your fish. :heart

Guest PitchBlackMoore
..and I saw their moors. My god...they were so cuddly and adorable! Moors are simply just my all time favorite. Cycle stupid tanks cycle!!!!!!!!!!!

416644[/snapback]

Moors are so CUTE!! *Squee*

BAD ANIC. *Smacks* Lol, I'd've probably done the same thing if my parent's didn't disaprove bringing new pets home. :o Bettas are the best cute fishies! *Squee* Generally, the less you have, the more you love them because you don't have to split it seven ways. :o

I've decided: NO MORE!!! Gosh. They need to invent a drug that you can take before you go into a petstore so you aren't tempted to buy something that isnt' on your list. The last fish I buy until I get the money saved up for a pond and move Cracker.

Guest PitchBlackMoore

Hopefully. My parents are kind of doing the same thing as you since we got Sapphire. O_o They bought a red one, Ruby, and now they're looking at a fourth one! ARGH, WE WILL BE OVERWHELMED!

Archived