I Found The Coolest Fish Store ! : )

tinker

When I just went out of town to Atlantic City New Jersey for a convention I found the most awesome store I've ever seen - unfortunately its 4 hours from me. :crp :crp

What I was MOST impressed with, was how its set up. He hand built the walls that the aquariums sit in, all enclosed so it looks like a solid wall with the tanks built in. Took me some serious looking to figure out how they get a fish out if you want one! The walls are hinged from the inside, and almost seamless.

He keeps the place darkish, to prevent algie and has about every imaginable fish in the place. The smallest tanks look to be 20 gallons, and most only have one or two fish in them. Among the for sale tanks, he's got some of his personal pet fish, including one of the biggest Moray Eels I've ever seen! As you walk up, there's a monster pond with the MOST georgous koi in them, and despite the netting, I'm surprised that gulls dont figure out a way to get to these bright beauties! They all swim out to see you when you come up, some of them almost climbing out of the pond to say hi ...... OR it COULD be FEEEEEEEEED ME!! :D:exactly Here's two angles of some of the guys in the pond:

sickbetty002.jpg

sickbetty004.jpg

excuse the fuzziness in advance. Its a new digital camcorder that I can take pics off of, and i'm still getting the hang of it..........

When you walk in, on the left is a HUGE marine ...... errrrr .... sort of tank. Its a concrete area, walled up with glass brick and thick glass. This think has got to be at least 4 feet deep! Here's two shots of that:

090a7ebe.jpg

ec61600e.jpg

But this is the room that impressed me the most. The Goldfish room. I still have to figure out how to play with photoshop to get the GF's pics to lighten some (I forgot to use the flash thingie on the camera), but this one wall includes his oldest and biggest pets.

One is a 24 year old Pacu. He's just over 2.5 feet long. The other is an 18 year old red tailed catfish that's 3+ feet. The tank is a 250 gallon.

The Pacu fish didnt come out so clearly in closeup for some reason. Could be that I forgot that pesky light.......

b9013cb3.jpg

The Red Tailed Catfish was AWESOME!!

7e809913.jpg

The wall these guys are in:

3ff1d76c.jpg

Just wanted to share. When I find his business card, I'll post his name and stuff in the appropriate LFS thread. I was just SO impressed I wanted to take pics to share. ALL of our LFS should be THIS nice and obviously well loved!! :)

I think that's what I was MOST impressed with Jayde!!! There was not a single dirty tank or sick fish in the place! Now I LOVE my LFS, but if I look hard enough, I'll find something. And my friends and I keep saying "it CANT be that perfect"......but danged if it wasnt! :)

The ONLY thing I'd have done is liven up that catfish/pacu tank with ..... something. Other tanks all have decoration. But perhaps with fish THAT old and big its not practical.

Guest Chishower

That cat fish could stand to be in a larger tank, though, length wise, they looooove to swim. But thats the only thing I can see.

I wish I had awesome stores around here....

Whoa look at that catfish!!!

any chance for goldfish pics?  :D

416232[/snapback]

Yeah, when my partner stops playing the new Playstation long enough to tell me how to use photoshop :) so more are a'commin :D

Wow! It's more like an aquarium that a fish store.

And the cement tank is neat. I wonder how he did that?

416226[/snapback]

I dont know, but in a house I'm considering moving into, is a really cool alvove in a strange place in the wall. I'm seriously thinking of finding out how to build that. It seemed to be all cement, and the top was open completely. its about 6 feet or so deep, and 10 feet wide, and maybe feet tall. my GuESS is its some kind of water treated cement maybe, it has that look.........hmmmm

Can ya waterproof a closet? :rofl

Great pics!Thanks for sharing :) It's great that they let you take pics!I really loved the catfish and that 24 yr. old pacu :D Will be looking forward to see the goldie pics :lol:

Archived