Crap

Anic

I put Gary and the new snail in a little bowl with some lettuce. I thought it would be fine to leave them unsupervised for a few minutes while I took Harley out to potty (Max got out 4 times trying to get at him, and he's still a puppy) I came back in and sat down. About 30 seconds later--- THUNK! What was that? I looked and Gary was in her shell, on the floor by the puppy's bowl. I thought 'oh, no... I hope she isn't dead'

She's still kickin', though. Is there anyway I can tell if she'll be fine in the long-run?

I have a big Rubbermade Bin that I keep some of my snails in.This happens somewhat often to me,because for one,Snails(Brigs) are known for climbing out of the water.It also happens when they're getting out to lay eggs.Most times they have been fine,but once,One of my females cracked her shell bad enough to where she ended up dying before I could repair/replace her broken shell.I have Hardwood Floors which even made it worse.Needless to say,that there is now a Window Screen covering the top of it now.As long as there's no shell damage,your snail should probably be okay.Good luck!

I don't want her to die so soon. She's my first ever snailie! Well, one I bought. I found one in our pond and it constantly laid eggs everywhere.

EDIT: She landed on the mat, which is folded over on linoleum. I only heard a thunk, not a crack. Besides, I don't know why she would go that far. The bowl was in the middle of the table (about a foot off the ground)

:rolleyes: Who knows why they do that?? I've allready found mine way across the room and couldn't believe that I found it where I did.He was just sliming along like he did it all the time! :rofl Right before I put the screen on,I found one under the tank stand next to my snail tank.I thought for sure that he was dead because he was totally dry looking,and looking like he'd been there quite a long time.I remember feeling really bad,and at the last minute putting him in the tank.Almost immediately he cam out and went searching for food! It was amazing!!! Snails are capable of closing up really tight and living for quite a few days out of the water,but damaged shells are another story.I'm so glad that his shell's okay. :)

Archived