My New Rescue

touchofsky

I was in a local department store, and of course I had to go and look at the fish. I noticed a very sick looking little lionhead. He has terrible ammonia (or medication) burns and is suffering from very bad fin rot. I didn't buy him that day, but I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I went back two days later and I bought him.

He is recuperating in my hospital tub and is doing well after the first 48 hours. His name is Petrie :)

Here is a picture of the little guy on the first night.

I hope he does well, I am so attached to him already :heart

post-582-1129989065_thumb.jpg

Goodness me he looks skinny! good thing u bought him, i'm sure he's soon gonna be alright with u as the owner ;)

I still haven't got the courage to do a rescue :unsure: little to no experience at all with diseases

I have done quite a few so far. I have only had one die within the first week. The others have all done well, but I find they don't tend to live as long as my other, healthier fish, although they do usually go at least 18 months or so.

Actually, just to contradict myself, I have a lionhead named Shasta that I have had for three years. He was very sick looking when I got him. Not as bad as poor little Petrie, but still not a very good looking fish.

I think that at least I am giving them a chance :)

Archived