Instant Buddies

Donya

Willy's buddy finished QT, healthy and going strong. His new friend was dubbed "Tiny Tim" by my bf. Tiny's tail is a lot better; it's not 100% straight, but it's not flopping over like a limp rag anymore and he's quite a strong swimmer now. His colors have brightened up too.

Willy and Tiny are glued to each other all the time, but Willy has been acting kind of strange. He has started head-butting other fish that get to close to Tiny...the cory cat in the tank is the only one he lets join the duo. All that's ok I guess, but Willy has also become more interested in his buddy than he is in food of any sort :blink: I'm a bit concerned about that, since it's not like Willy to just ignore food and go sit over another fish (it's a perfect match...Willy likes to sit on stuff, and Tiny likes to hide under stuff). He'll eat if Tiny eats, but when Tiny was added Willy immediately stopped racing over to the side and begging for food like he was starving to death. Is the change in attitude towards food something I should be worried about?

This is my icky camera's interpretation of the two of them (actually 3--the cory is tagging along on the left lol):

wt2.jpg

That pic is so horrible though I'll see if I can get a better one later...and please excuse the exposed UGF plate and the platic anemone tentacle. Willy clears the rocks out of that corner no matter how many times I put them back, and he is big enough that he tends to pull out his ugly orange anemone's tentacles when he plays too rough with it.

Maybe Willy is interested in Tiny :yeah: Do you know the sexes of either? :rolleyes: If not that,sometimes fish do show some slight aggression on someone else coming into their home,but with Willy not trying to "Hog" up all the food-my first thoughts were male/female! :lol: Occasionly,you may get what is termed a "Bully".Just keep an eye out on both of them to see if Willy takes it a step further.

I'm pretty sure Willy is a he (otherwise I'd have to make him a Wilma lol). He matches the traits I've heard described for males: anus shape, keel between pelvic and anal fins, and a slightly stronger leading pectoral ray. I have no clue about Tiny. Well foo...so Tiny Tim might be a Tim-ette? :krazy: Willy doesn't care if he has danios/guppies in close orbit following him around, but he definitely doesn't like it when those same danios/guppies get to close to Tiny. Well, if it is that I have a male and female, Willy will be a bit out of Tiny's size league for a while yet :lol:

Looks like mini cooper sitting next to a school bus

LOL!!! :rofl That is so true!

aw bless him, willys like a protective father!

iv had something like that go on recently.. actually it was nothing like that, but when i added Devereaux in the 20g with Emsley, Emsley started to get very interested in Deveraux, chasing around and nussling her/his tummy, irritating her really (i think Devie's a 'her' Ranchu just like (well not 'just like' as willys a guy lol) willy in fact!) <confuzing!<

anyway..back to the point.. i've no idea what the point was.. <_<

Looks like mini cooper sitting next to a school bus

415796[/snapback]

:rofl

They are cute next to each other!! Like a protective daddy and little son--unless Willy has other plans like Devs suggested. This could get interesting!

Aww, at least they get along together. They look like a couple of buddies hanging out in the picture.

If Willy didn't like Tiny Tim I think he would be spending most of his time harassing him, but like Devs said, keep an I on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny is now harassing the guppies. They seem to think this is a great game unfortunately <_< I guess the guppies may have to move. Tiny also thinks Willy's wen is great fun to bump/wiggle around, probably because it's "boingy" when poked. I'm glad Willy is a tollerant fish LOL. I got some better pics, and Tiny has grown some (although it doesn't show much next to the pumpkin zeplin) and his/her tail is continuing to straighten out so its less of a swimming handicap:

wt5.jpg

wt6.jpg

tiny6.jpg

Awww... cute. Well, if no one's getting hurt then I say let the bean play with the melon.

hope the guppies have fin an another tank

422097[/snapback]

Fin! Ha! Did you do that on purpose?

Archived