My Betta: Picture

Sica

Hey hey,

I want to show you a bigger version of my betta Little Red Ridinghood which I submitted this last month for the Betta of the Month competition.

Unbelivably she's actually female. Ive had that fish for well over 2 years and for the first year and a half she looked like a completely normal female. Then she was moved into a 20 gallon tank with a few zebra danios and her fins started growing. She used to have a very visible oviposter but I can't really spot it anymore. Her fins are big and in the way though so yeah, I sometimes think Ive seen a white spot but Im not sure. The zebra danios died a few months in and now she's got the entire tank for herself.

I don't really have her anymore because Ive moved away and my parents take care of the tank and her. I went back home for a visit a few weeks ago and took the picture then.

Anyway here goes:

flare1.jpg

It's because of her that Im now setting up a 26 gallon planted tank to house 5 female bettas and 5 cories. I just love female bettas. Although she's not a usual one.

Here's a picture of what she looked like when I got her

raudhettagood.jpg

She filled out but stayed looking pretty much like that for well over a year, until she got into the 20 gallon and her fins just bloomed. Pretty strange really.

:( It looks to be the same exact pic except an enlargement-which actually would disqualify you for posting it-if indeed it is. :crp The Contest hasn't officially been closed yet.I actually lost a Betta of the month,because I thought that the last day of the month would be the winning fish,(which was mine)but the contest ran over that time frame,and someone else won afterall. :(

Ah I thought the contest was finished. Ooops! Well Im disqualified then. Heh.. I have lots of other pics of her which I could have shown although that's the best one for showing her off.

The winner of the contest was a good 20-30 votes a head of me so hopefully I won't win anyway (didn't think I'd write that.)

Live and learn, I won't make the same mistake again and I have some excellent photos up my sleave *grin*

:D Glad to hear that! I felt bad saying that you weren't winning anyway,so I'm glad you said it. :rolleyes::lol: We have all done something like that,so don't be too upset.(Actually ,you took it well. ;) )

Guest PitchBlackMoore

Has she had a sex change or something? O_o She looks like Goku.

She's a beautiful fish, though. She's changed so much, compared to that other pic. O_O Maybe she was kidnapped and replaced, lol. :D

Archived