Sign in to follow this  
Sica

Ack, Want Goldfish

Hey hey,

Im currently setting up a 30 gallon planted tropical tank. However yesterday when I went to the lfs to get more plants for it. (It's all set up with co2, thick subtrate, laterite, lights etc.) they had GORGEOUS goldfish. A wonderful little crowned pearscale and a white and black oranda. I know it would probably end up being all white but it was a gorgeous fish.

I almost threw away all my plant plans and got them. (My tank has nothing but 5 cories in at the moment) but Ive invested in the kit and set the tank up to be for plants and Ive got the cories so not really possible.

Still.. I wanted those fish *so badly* Oh well.. I think I see a new tank in my future (and I haven't even finished setting up my current tank, heh..) I know I wont be able to get those specific fish but yeah, I miss having goldfish. They're so cute and lovely individual personalities.

You can keep fancy goldfish an heavilly planted tanks too. Care must be taken to pick out plants that will be in the right temps and will not be eaten. Check out our plants section :)

EDIT: Ohhh I forgot about your cories. Maybe you can still work something out :yeah:

Edited by Kissy

I wish I could just shell out for ANOTHER tank and get the goldfish. They were so pretty and Im really missing having goldfish.

Ive been fishless for almost two years now so the 30 gallon is my only tank atm. It wouldn't really work putting goldfish in the tank as it is now. The filter is not good enough for goldfish, the substrate is too deep etc. Ive spent money on plants that I know aren't goldfish safe etc.

The cories are awfully cute so I don't want to give them away to get the goldfish. I think I'll just have to let those goldies go, there will be another day and other fish. Still that black and white oranda and the crowned pearscale.. *sigh* They were absolutely adorable. Oh well.. can't have everything.

I told my friends about this and no one understood, so I had to post here because I figured if anyone would understand the lure of healthy beautiful goldfish it would be you guys.

I told my friends about this and no one understood, so I had to post here because I figured if anyone would understand the lure of healthy beautiful goldfish it would be you guys.

415677[/snapback]

We all love goldfish here :D and crazy enuff to talk to people about it ;)

Boy you had some control if you are wanting gf and a couple beauties like that came your way.

I have to say I have been searching for a special little oranda and it took me close to 9 months to get him!!

I don't know if I could've past them up.

set up a ten for the cories, and use the 30 for goldies! :D

Hi,

Hard to resist them huh?I admire your self restraint. :D

Good luck with your planted tank. Could you post pics?

Slugger :)

Guest Chishower

You know, rubbermade tubs dont cost near as much as tanks... :ignore

So you could still get them!

:) When the times right,you'll know it.In the meantime,Cory's are some of my very favorite fish,and I love planted tanks.Will look forward to you posting pics in the tropical section. :exactly