Ick Treaters

Guest goldygirl

Guest goldygirl

i have tried 3 ick treaters and have not yet been succesful. by the look of my fish who had ick, in the end he had a:

heavily hamoraged tail,

ick EVERYWHERE!

frayed fins,

no intrest of food,

floated lazily without moving and

gasped for air.

these symptons got worse when i used ick treater, but by the time i'd changed it a different type he had to be put down. so i ask you, are there any good ones out there? koko sugests salt, but does it work?

;) <_< :huh:

Under "tip of the month" in the research section(within the little side bar) there is an good article on ich & treating ich! :)

i have tried 3 ick treaters and have not yet been succesful.  by the look of my fish who had ick, in the end he had a:

heavily hamoraged tail,

ick EVERYWHERE!

frayed fins,

no intrest of food,

floated lazily without moving and

gasped for air.

415555[/snapback]

Exactly what Mouschi and Philbert where like, none of my treatments worked.. come to think of it i didnt try salt :cry1

Salt is great for treating Ich,and probably the safest out of all.I have also had good luck with Rid Ick,And Cure Ick.Because ick is a common problem, many treatments are available. Be sure that the fish ick cure you have can be used on small or sensitive fish or when the fish are weak (that could happen if your fish have ick for several days). If your fish already have ick at this moment and you are looking for a treatment, then you may want to buy a very safe product like Ick Clear from Tankbuddies. It is more expensive, but your fish have the best chance to survive. If you are looking for an ick treatment to keep at hand just to be able to start the treatment immediately (and you have no small or sensitive fish) then you can use for instance Cure-Ick from 'Aquarium Products' The thing about Ick is that when using these other treatments that contain Malachite Green or Formalin.directions must be followed closely,and your tank must be covered because light weakens the medicine. Follow thru with the treatments even if the Ick spots go away. You may want to slowly up your tank temps while treating,and don't forget to take out your Carbon before you use Meds. :) What are your water Params reading,and have you been doing water changes between treatments? By the way,I'm moving this to the correct area in diseases/Diagnosis to further help you.

I suggest you read as much as possible on it cause you CAN save your fish! Then you have to keep vaccuuming the tank to clean the little buggers OUT!! I have always thought salt to be the best!

Good info from Devs! :D

Understanding ich is a big key to defeating it. In the Cyst form, nothing touch's it. When it falls from the fish into the bottom of the tank, it then divides into thousands of free swimming tomites in search of a host and in this phase is when it is vulnerable to medications. Vaccuming the tank daily helps cut down those cysts.

The tail "hemoraging" is in fact a secondary infection caused by the ich parasite, Fin rot. One has to deal with the parasites before dealing with secondary bacterial infections.

Salt is preferable, takes a bit longer, but isn't as harsh as some meds are that can push a fish over the edge. Any salt will do as long as it has no preservatives, additives or yps.... Rock salt, sea salt, kosher salts, AQ salt.

Archived