A Question ..

Guest Gabriel

Guest Gabriel

heya everyone! :P

i recently bought a massive (and quite cute looking) Oranda from a breeder, and i was wondering if anyone knew what the best commericial/live/natural foods are ?

thankz,

- Gabriel

Gday mate and :welcome

Best foods according to me:

Commercial: Hikari Lionhead & Sera Goldy Royal. Heard that Pro-gold is great also, but real hard to find here in Australia

Live: I never fed live food, but heard that tubifex worms are great and i'd really like to feed my fish brine shrimp if i got the chance.

Natural: Veggies like zucchini, duckweed, peas, and whole other things.

Algae that grows naturally in ur tank

Frozen bloodworm, frozen brine shrimp

hope that helps

Guest JustJayde

Don't discount gel food either :) Many of us here make our own and toss in all kinds of healthy fruits and veggies! There are recipe's on the forums under "food" take a peek :D

Guest Gabriel

thanks for the information guyz, its much appreciated .... ------> :D see! :P lol

i was thinking of feeding him some earth worms, as they are apparantly high in protein.

ciao,

- Gabriel

That is one food I would not be able to try :ill I just can't chop or even touch an earthworm :krazy:

416382[/snapback]

Actually, they're nicely textured with right amount of juice inside. A wonderful combination :lol:

Actually, they're nicely textured with right amount of juice inside. A wonderful combination? :lol:

416428[/snapback]

:ill:ill bad,bad Riz :rofl Honestly,I'm no good with wiggly worms...when we fed our fish live tubifex,hubby was in charge.I always thought they'd jump on me :krazy:

:ill   :ill bad,bad Riz :rofl Honestly,I'm no good with wiggly worms...when we fed our fish live tubifex,hubby was in charge.I always thought they'd jump on me :krazy:

416750[/snapback]

I don't know any worms that "jump" :rolleyes:

If tubifex worms creeps u out, cathy, then u definitely will hate earthworms more :D oh the way they slither and crawl and rub their pulsating ribbed body against ur skin is just.....fascinating ;):lol:

They arent that gross. But if you pick'em up they leave that nasty stuff on your hands. I dont think cutting them up is practical. It would just be too messy for that. Worms arent gross. But cutting them up is.

Edit: Uh, Riz, are they still considered live food once you cut them into "croutons"?

Archived