Tubifex Worms

nichjake

Today I picked up some tubifex worms to give to my fish because...well, I'm not exactly sure why...I spend too much time thinking about my fish I guess.

Anyways when I got home and pressed part of a cube agianst the glass my fish just ingored it. It eventually came unstucked and I fished it out after about ten minutes of them ignoring it. I thought fish were supposed to like tubifex worms, I guess mine just don't realize its food....I'll have to try agian tomorrow

Guest PetalFlower

My fish don't like oranges, or lettuce and they'll only eat about 3 pellets before turning up their noses. :huh:

You'd think maybe one fish would like it, but no both of them react the same way. I put a piece of romaine lettuce on clip and left in their tank for like 16 hours, and they didn't touch it! Not one little nibble. :o

Sooo true.....my fish don't like lettuce either :D I have bought freeze dried tubifex worms too and some fish do not like it!They nibble a bit and spit it back out.Maybe they're just picky eaters :( But they do try to eat some though....no ignoring on my part :)

the first time i fed mine some they didn't get it too much either, but now they eat them. mine never stays stuck so i just drop one in and they have fun tearing it apart. the only thing i hate is the left over worms that stay on my glass, it's gross :blink:

maybe if it was soaked a bit first to get the worms to start breaking up??

all my goldies love them, i used to find it hard to stick them to the glass, but someone here gave me a tip to cut them in half first.....works for me!

Were the cubes dried tubifex? If so few fish will nibble on a whole cube. Try slowly crumbling them between your fingers under water. This allows the water change to re-hydrate the worms and makes them much more appetising for your fishes :)

All my fish love the tubifex! You know I think if one fish rejects it, then some of the others will too. I think there is a little peer pressure thing going on inside fish tanks because I notice that fish will take on other fish's behaviours. Am I nuts or does that make sense?

Lol anyway mine love it. Try handfeeding it to them (if they do that anyway) and see if that helps. My fish will smell it right away and go nuts!

finally, my fish will happily eat the tubifex worms...this is the fourth time I've tried it. I'm so happy that they finaly figured out that they're food. :D

Archived