Best Lfs Ever! :)

nichjake

I went to a new LFS today and it was the most amazing place I have ever seen. They had just about every kind of fish anyone could ever want. Their goldies were absolutley beautiful and they have labels right on the tanks about how much space they need and how long they live, one of the labels said in bold letters "DO NOT PUT GOLDFISH IN BOWLS, THEY WILL DIE AND EARLY DEATH". THey had around six or seven different types of plecos, they had one common pleco that looked about 17 inches, it was HUGE!!

They had tons of tanks, even really huge ones. There was one that I almost started drooling over, it was 500 gallons! They also had used tanks, there was a thirty gallon for $25, I'm going back this weekend to get it if it can find a ride. They also had a hundred gallon that I'm going to try and talk my mom into for the pond fish, forty gallons for 3 commons and 2 comets just isn't good enough, they're miserable in there, especially since they are all over six inches.

They had everything for fish and every frozen food that I could think to look for and their own brand of gel food that they make right there. The ingredients on the gel food is the same as what people here suggest...I almost bought some but I promised myself I wouldn't spend all my money on my fish this weekend like I've been doing for the past month, I need to buy some food for me, I'm all out!

The people there knew so much about fish to, I asked them questions that I already knew the answer to and they answered all them correctly, I was sooo impressed. And they feed their fish Hikari, not some cheapo food like most places feed.

Sorry about the long post guys, I just had to let some excitement out :D

Its in Haslet, Michigan, right near Lansing. I'm not sure if I can take pics, I'll have to ask when I go get the bigger tank saturday. They have a used 30 Gal for 25 bucks...I'm sooo going to get it.

Hey get some pics of the selection of the gf. I am south of Detroit, so any time I find a nice store within driving distance I may have to take a road trip!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived