The Power Outages ...

Guest JustJayde

Guest JustJayde

A few of you may remember last month I had a wicked power outage that scared my poor fish silly. It took him about 2 weeks to fully recover from that.

Well I ran out that same week and got a battery operated air pump for him *(I didn't worry about the filter because in a pinch I can manually siphon and hold off feeding him).

Well today My power crashed off and scared the poo outta me and fishie both! He was so scared he was doing that weird twitchy hyper swim :( I threw myself out of bed, lit enough candles to see by and ran over to turn on his emergency air.......................

what . a . difference.

He was JUST FINE once that was turned on :) even swimming mad at me because I wouldn't give him breakfast LOL

Just a reminder :) if you do NOT have a battery operated air supply I say get it! It makes a HUGE difference and saves you a lot of panic and stress :)

Best purchase I have made for him yet. :heart

Laura, you and me both!!

Aside from that, hubby wants to get a little backup generator.... After that nasty blackout, he wants to at least be able to charge our cell phones and plug in a radio, but recently he has added the fishies filters to the list of things that need to be backed up - I think someone is falling in love with MY pets!!!

Guest JustJayde

Glad my reminder serves as a butt kick ;)

don't leave it any longer, go this weekend and snag one! they are cheap and they literally can save lives. :)

Laura, you and me both!!

Aside from that, hubby wants to get a little backup generator.... After that nasty blackout, he wants to at least be able to charge our cell phones and plug in a radio, but recently he has added the fishies filters to the list of things that need to be backed up - I think someone is falling in love with MY pets!!!

415033[/snapback]

What a great idea--a generator!! How great that your husband is thinking of your fish as well!! :heart

Guest JustJayde

thankies graham :)

(by the way an uninterupttable power supply [uPS] for pc's also power fishie things for a while if you suspect the time will be under 2 hours ;) )

Archived