My 46 Gallon Tank

Newfishmom

Hi...I have a 46 gallon, cycled happy tank with two fantail goldies..one is about aan 2 1/4 inches, the other almost two inches..I have a new fantail that I wanted to add - he has been in a little five gallon eclipse - he has grown so much..but he is still smaller than the other two - I would say he is about an inch or so - maybe a little over an inch - will the otehr two hurt him? Any suggestions? The tank is all ready to go..and my intake tube is safe, I don't have to worry about him getting sucked up...I am just worried about "disturbing" the fishies world...

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks..

They should be fine :) That much of a size difference shouldn't matter, and goldfish are peaceful for the the most part. I'm gonna guess they aren't at breeding age yet, so you shouldn't get any of the sexual harrassment either :P I'd keep an eye on them just to be sure tho.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it - I am going to do it on Saturday so I can keep an eye on them....they are definitely too young to breed - when I first got them, they were less than an inch long!! They were so cute and tiny!

It is really amazing how flexable goldies are! They just go with the flow. I had a big problem when my 55 gal becasue it was filled with seni agressive fish, and I was having issues with my bubble eye getting attacked by the meanies so I had to do alot of rearaging with my goldies to find the perfect peaceful combo. and each time I have to mix up my goldies world they adapted well, they swam around a sec like WHAT HAPPEN! then they checked out there new roomies and then there like o ok ur cool!! And that was that!! They are just soo amazing! I like hate my other semi agressive fish compared to my goldies...they find the weakest fish and pick on it...and if it to weak they kill it!! I kno that when they pass away it going to be nothing but community fish for me!! I hate agressive fish!!! lol

:heart Your new fish will love his new huge surrounding and his new roomies will love having a new friend!! U are deff. doing whats best for him!!! :heart

I love community fish as well. I have/am going to get goldies, and for my tropical tank black neons and cories. I do have a betta living alone, but he doesn't count ^_^ Community fish just seem happier.

I agree I don't think that the size difference will be a major problem, I would however make sure I was available all day to watch and make sure.

Congrats on the new little one, he will very much enjoy the 46 gals!!

Archived