Dag Nab It!

daryl

Aquarium Pharm. Salt Level test - the drop kit.

You put 4 drops of number one in the tube and drop the other until it turns purple. The number of drops tells you the percentage of salt......

I have lost that stupid chart that comes with it. You have to e-mail the company and wait for them to send you the instructions back - they do not just have them posted. And it has been 1 whole day now. :angry:

I want to take my tank to .3%. It should be at .2% now. I like to check just before I take it up all the way incase of any mistakes or whatever. Mine took 17 drops to turn purple.

Anyone have that test? What is 17 drops? .2% or what????????

:idont

Gee, I did not know that there was a salt drop test - I have been scrounging my pennies to get a salinity meter! I am sorry I am no help to you here on the chart but... is there some reason you need to get to 0.3% right away? Maybe you can hold it at steady 0.2% until the chart arrives -hopefully in the next 24h. All I can think of is if you used your calculations correctly top get to 0.1% and then 0.2% - and they checked out against the meter - then maybe you can trust your method to get to 0.3% :idont *goes to look for color chart*

I run it at .1%. I am pretty solid on the fact that that is where it was. I then added 4T to the 20 gallons for a .2%. I am pretty solid on that, also. But I always like to check my calculations for I have not measured the .1% for a couple of months.....I am running on goesinto/comesouta type of calculations.....

I should need 4 more T for .3% unless it was not truly at .1% to begin with....

:blink:

Aha, then I see the concern... the closest I could get was this picture:

(scroll down to Pond Master Liquid Test Kit - the picture of the charts- the one on top seems to be salt... sorry, pretty poor)!

http://www.webbsonline.com/catalog/testkits/

Only open form 8-5 EST M-F - now it is 5:30! (Yeah, like they will call back)!

A/P Product/Technical Support: (800) 847-0659

Hopefully, someone will come along who HAS the chart! Good luck! :D

:bump:

Anyone have this test kit???????????????

I am extremely disappointed in Aquarium Pharm. Not only do they not post directions on a web site somewhere (almost everyone else does from cameras to microscopes to cars!), but they do not even answer their tech questions e-mail. The phone lines were not open during the given hours either! <_<

I am soooooooo careless to have lost that. I do not know how I did it. It is always placed in the plastic pocket in the fish diary.....all the others are there, but not that one!

Maybe I will have to go to the store and buy a new kit just for the directions.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Maybe you could fill a bucket or something with water and make it 0.2% salt concentration then test it? Then at least you?ll know if its 0.2% or not- although the flaw in the plan is that you won?t know exactly what concentration your tank is! Unless you make your own chart by testing the water at 0.1% then 0.2% etc??

Yup -

That is what I have done this morning....... :D The tank was at .2% and is now at .3% where I want it to be......

I like my chart better - :ehh I colored it all pretty and made it for goldfish sized tanks instead of ponds - so I do not have to do any calcualtions.....

:goodpost You are SOOOOO SMART!!!!!! :bighug

Archived