Ulcer Maybe?

Kissy

So on the left side of orchards head, right above the gill, it looks like he may have some sort of open wound. It might be something, it might not. There is a similar pattern on the other side, but this looks a bit more woundish looking. In the past, it looks like he has had some slime coat rubbing off in that area too. Its extremely hard to tell..the colors and pattern are almost identical, and its so hard cuz the red matches the red on his body! Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I want to be prepared just in case. Is there anything I can do short of meds for helping him if this is the cause? He has a long history of finrot, and jumped to the floor recently, but he seems better from all that. His color may be a bit more dull. He lives in a 3 gallon tank with no filter. Ammonia is always below .2 ppm and usually between 0 and .1. He gets water changes every three days, and has a 1-1.5 teaspoons of aquarium salt in his tank with him.

Hey! :)

I find it odd that his tank has ammonia present sometimes. I have never heard of that with betta's... :blink:

I would up the water changes just to be sure the water is very clean. Keep an eye out, you could also add some melafix just to be on the safe side. It is a mild medication, so I wouldn't worry about adding it right off the bat. :)

Hey!  :)

I find it odd that his tank has ammonia present sometimes. I have never heard of that with betta's...  :blink:

414434[/snapback]

Really? I only feed him about 3 hikari pellets a day, and on the third day about .1ppms of ammonia or less can be detected. He doesn't have filter, but I'm going to cycle a sponge filter for him. (if I can get all my other empty tanks to cycle!!!! grr..)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived