Frozen Peas Makes The Water Cloudy!

PaNdeM0niuM

as soon as peas hits the water - you can see tiny bits off break off -

kinda like a powder

anyone experience this ?

I was wondering would a snail be effective in cleaning up the extremely tiny crumbs that break off in the water?

Mine don't do that unless I cook them too long. I just put a couple dozen on a paper towel, and put it in the microwave for a few seconds. Just until they are slightly warm. Then they pop out of the shells whole. When they go in the water, they stay that way, but are still easy for the fish to chew. I would think a snail would clean up some of this mess, but not all if you have rocks. You would have to vacuum out the rest.

I have experinced that many of times, I think it's because I have been shelling them and then masing them up!! Arghhhh, My snails usually pick up the rest though, and by morning the pea mess is gone.

Thanks Rufflemumkin~ Dropping them in as a whole might be a better way to go from now on.... :)

I have experinced that many of times, I think it's because I have been shelling them and then masing them up!!

YES !!

EXACTLY what i'm experiencing :exactly

i cut the peas into small pieces - because a whole pea (and even half a pea)

cannot fit into the goldfish mouth

Guest JustJayde

I cut and mash them both because my fishie ghacks on em if I just cut them in chunks.

I find they do cloud the water for about an hour, and then my filter picks up the rest and it's clean within 2 hrs of feeding... so it doesn't bother me.

I also feed him peas on tank cleaning day :) I have a bare bottom tank and like it nice looking so he get's his messy peas, poops himself silly and then I go in and suck it up with the siphon:D

Archived