2-10 Gals

~HI~ :)

hmmm, I would think it would be safe to get some neon tetra's or maybe start a snail tank.

I would say Gourami's but I believe they sorta need to be kept in schools. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Are you thinking of only fish or open to other options, Such as a frog?

gouramis dont need to be kept in schools - in fact i find it best not to keep males together because they fight. :)

tetras are always a good one, although they can be pretty fragile, especiall cardinals etc.

i would suggest having perhaps a pair of gouramis (male and female) and perhaps a small tropical loach of some kind. Botias are nice :)

i think that would be ok stocking for one of the 10g's

perhaps in the other one you could have some of the more hardy tetras. i find pengiuns and belgian tetras very long lived - i have ha my group for about a year now, and have only lost one :)

As froggydella suggested, you could get say an african dwarf frog or 2 to go in there aswell with a small group of tetras :)

Edit : sp

What kind of filters do you have? I have mini penguin with 100 gph on my 10 gallon, and I plan on 6 black neon tetras and three cories. I'd definately go with a school of small fish, they are so much fun!! A pair of dwarf gourami would be good (male/female or female/female) 5 female bettas, etc. If you are not filled to capacity with your tank you can throw in a snail, or frog if you like, maybe some ghost shrimp too.

Thats a great link mfish :)

I did get to the bottom and they said goldfish were the most boring fish on earth!!!! That is so not true! And they also say that tetras only live a year...most live 5-10 years. Grrr... oh well, I guess its not all bad. Now the all the stupid people who read it won't go out and buy tons of those fish and kill them. Indeed, goldfish don't make good beginner fish simply if the owner does not know enough or give enough care.

yes, as i said - tetras such as neons and cadinals are very fragile.

i would definately go for gouramis in one of the talks, personally i think a male / female pair is best :)

as fro the other tank, then i think if you really didn want t go with tetras, then perhaps some cories?

guppies are always a nice choice, although in a ten g you wont have a lot of room for breeding, and that seems to be what guppies are best at!!

maybe a few mollies cold be an option - i personally love balloon mollies, although i wouldnt suggest too many in a tank like thacoz sometimes they can get to be large :)

of course, 1 goldfish could be an option for one of the tanks, although seeing as you have posted in the trop sectin, i guess you re looking for tropical suggestions!! lol

is your tank tall rather than long? if so ou could possily keep an angel in there :) i personally love my angel tank, they are just so cute!! although they can be quite touchy at the same time.

another option in to make it into a crab tank :) i keep small tropical crabs and they are very nice to look at.

some female bettas could be good, although you usually hve to kep them in groups of five or more, and i dont know if you could get that many in a 10g. perhaps someone else can help there :)

I would wanna do one brackish.... like the ten on here-

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/brackish/brackish.html

:) but I love my gobies! maybe do a planted tank? need alot of lighting and some info, but they are super kewl! You could do a trio of dwarf puffers in a ten :D cute little guys!

http://www.dwarfpuffers.com

Ah.. so much you could do in a ten!

Kissy, I was going to apolgize for the goldfish comment. I totally disagree. :D

I also read that a male will kill the female gourami if they are in the same tank.Is this true?

Ummm... I don't think so. But maybe they shouldn't be together for extended periods. I don't know?

if this is your first tropical, my reccomendation would be to invest in a small aquarium heater :)

other than that, gourami's are cool. i had a powder blue dwarf that seemed happier when he had a mate :(

Archived