Jump to content

Anyone Know What's In Fish Food Commanly Used?


Guest dognet13

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

okay the flakes I have has: fish meal, ground brown rice, dried yeast, shrimp meal, oat meal, wheat gluten, soybean oil, fish oil, corn gluten, algea meal, protein, vitamin C, and a bunch of essential essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids (it would take me an hour to type them all in).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Here it's late and I don't sleep so I will give you a run down on my food...

I use Wardley Essentials Premuim Goldfish Flakes...

List as follows~

Wheat Flour, Fish Meal, Corn Glueten Meal, Wheat Germ Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dehadyrtad Alfaifa Meal, Rolled Oats, Spirulina Powder, Soy Protein Concentrate, Fish oil, Herring Meal, Soy Protein Isolate, Wheat Gluten Meal, Rice Flour, Pea Protein, Crab Meal, Shrimp Meal, Lecitian, Potato Starch, Lobster Digest, Krill Digest, Astaxanyhin Oil, Spinach Powder, Chlorophyll Extract, Carrot Powder, Garden Peas, Diced Zucchini, Anise Powder, Choline Choride, L-Ascorbyl2-Polyphosphate, Betine, DL Methione, Marigold Extract, Ethoxyquin(preservative), Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflaven, Nicain Supplement, Calicum Pantothenate, Menadoine Sodium Bisulifite Complex, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Magnese Sulfate, Cobolt Carbonate, Pottasium Iodate, Sodium Seleinite.

WHEwwwwww That took awhile, So I hope that helps you with what you wanted to know, Yes I have some time on my hands, Can you tell.....LOL

HECK, Don't ask me what half of those ingrediants even are...I only know the ovious ones... :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

A lot of flake food contains useless bulking agents such as ash.

For instance im using the best food on the uk market for tropicals and its listed as

46% protein,12% oil, 3% fibre, 11% ash, 8% moisture. So 19% is made up of stuff the fish cant even eat. So add that up and that gives you 80%, so what makes up the other 20%? Fresh air probably lol.

You are better feeding home made gel foods at least you know whats going in that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...