Cloudy Water? Confused?

Ok my 2 10 gal tanks in my room seem to always be cloudy. I have gotten drops which suposable decloud ur water but it didn't work!! The 1 10 gal tank has been established for like 6 months and the other is kind of a newbie it been set up for like 1 month, I thought maybe it was the filter becasue I noticed on my 55 gal it get cloudie when the filter get dirty, So i changed the filter I even up greaded the 10gal filter to a 20 gals filter running in a 10 gal thinking maybe the goldies were just dirty. It helped a little but stll cloudy. So I though ok the water was out of wack. So i tested it and it was in normal rage for me. (I test weekly) and there was no change. So I am confused!! I am not sure what else to try!!!

Ne ideas??

Hi,

What sort of cloudy is it? White, brown or green? Depending on the colour, it could be linked to the number of fish and feeding, algae or the filter starting up again.

Do post back.

Slugger :)

it is a white cloudy. I did have a prblem with algie in my one 10 gal becasue I don't have any like algie eatters. And I do have to many fish per gal. I have 2 goldies to a 10 gal which I kno is bad!! They are little and is only temp. I am getting a 55 gal to put all 4 of them in. I just don't want this same problem to continue in the 55. they just look soo horrible! I hate to show anyone becasue I feel like a bad mommy!!

Don't feel like a bad mommy you are doing good.

I know that this may sound "silly" but have you cleaned the sides of the tank in and out? I hadn't done this early on and thought that the water was cloudy, turns out is was little algae growing on the inside. :blink:

If your water is white cloudy (not the glass ;) ), it could be from suspended particles from gravel, or your filter restarting.

Either way, it will clear up in it's own.

Hope this is some reassurance.

Slugger :)

Hey Dez,Can you give us your actual water param readings? Hof often are you doing gravel vacs/water changes,and how often have you changed your filter's or rinsed them out? :unsure:

..... and put some extra filter media - like simple filter floss - inside your empty spaces in the filter. The extra media will help the bacteria bloom to have some additional space to settle down. :)

Archived