My Lemonhead Oranda

Guest Kimberlysc

Guest Kimberlysc

Hello everyone,

Since I last posted almost a month ago I have another picture of my sweet little friend. I love him. I thought after awhile he would warm up to me but he hasn't. He goes crazy and acts very excited to see you when you approach the tank but he is not going to eat out of your hands for nothing. He's very afraid when I do partial water changes. I try to be very careful, he always runs and hides in the corner. Last time he proceeded to attack the siphon tube when I was cleaning gravel. He just doesn't like anything in his tank and that includes me. I'd like to feed him a special treat but wonder if feeding veggies, or perhaps fruit will ruin the water. Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated. Thanks

P1010054.jpg

OH he is adorable!! I am a lemonhead fanatic!!

I think going ahead and getting a veggie clip may help. Sometimes it really takes them a long time to warm to you.

Is the water ok? Just make sure because that can make them act weird.

As for giving him fruit you can, but I make it a practice to only leave it in there 1/2 hour or so and then remove it. That way it doesn't mess with your params.

Stunning Fish!!! WHOA where have I been I have never even heard of a lemon head until just now!!!

What a geourgous fish!! :D You can boil up some peas for him, and De-Shell them and drop those in the tank, My fish always thinks she getting something special when I give her peas. :exactly

LOVELY FISHY!!!! :heart

Beautiful fish!! My fish also love peas. I buy frozen ones, take off the shell, soak them in tank water (in a cup) for about 15 minutes then drop them in. You may want to break them in half--they can be kinda large. But both my fish go nuts for them!!

I felt the same way when I first started taking care of Graham myself - he used to have a tank cleaner and he loved that guy, I fel t badly that I didn't have a "relatonship" like that with my fish! Eventually, I statred doing it myslef and Graham was scared of me! But, over time, he started to comea around. I moved slowly and when he came near the cleaning tube I would stop and let him investigate - now he practicallys wims into my hands! And last night he even ate food from my hands! It may take some time but I really think you will both get there! :heart

(Hee hee - you joined Kokos the day I got married - just funny thinking what we were each doing that day)! :lol: Now you are a one year member! :clapping:

Guest Kimberlysc

Well peas it is. Now we are talking about regular green peas correct?

I have a box of frozen peas in my freezer. Will take out a few, boil them up and we will see if he likes it. Thanks everyone for your comments.

Archived