New Tank And Such!

Meg_Carroll

Oh my, after a long <and hard> 4 month Kokos withdrawl, i have returned!

So i am now in the process of setting up a 60 gal long tank for my goldies, the cycling is taking forever, so i bought two dainos (sp?) today to help it along, whut crazy fish they are, theyve been zipping round my tank full tilt for the last 4 hours. But anyways, this tank is massive, some 4 feet long and 18 inches wide, 3 high or something? The filters put out about a 750-770 gph turn over, and it has the nicest stand i have ever seen. The whole set up cost me about 350$ Canadian (taxes out), which is a great deal round these parts. The tank is on the second floor of my 120 y/o house, and im waiting for it to fall through the floor, though i've taken as many precations as i can think of.

Well, just wanted to leave a little shout out about my absence, and if any one can think of any thing i can do to hurry my cycle along, or secure my tank, it would be very much apreciated :) - Meg

Hey! Welcome back! And Congrats on the new tank!

It sounds like you got a really good deal on everything.

Just out of curiosity, how are you going to get a full 60 gal from the floor to the stand?

Welcome back Meg and congratulations on your new tank :D New tanks are exciting!Have you decorated it?I think a lot of people use bio-spira to help with the cycling.Good luck!Any chance you can post pics?? :D

Guest Fisherman

:yeah:

This is probably too late to help you now, but the fishless cycle method given at this web site really worked for me. It's cheap, easy, doesn't stress your fish and works great. Besides, its actually fun doing the water tests every day without having to make water changes. Don't know why more people use it.

Good luck with setting up your new tank.

Yeah! Nice to see you again! (You can visit even if you are in between tanks)! :heart

I found that Bio-Spira really helps to cycle faster - it is not immediate as they imply but it does speed thing sup a bit and helps prevent those extreme spikes.

Can't wait for pix! :exactly

Archived