Idea For Moving Larger Tanks

Ginevive

Yesterday I was moving my 30g tank from the dining room to my bedroom. I siphoned off about one-third of the water using the Python, before thinking, geez all this water is just going down the drain. How can I re-use it while still being able to carry the tank into the room (which meant that it had to be completely empty.)?

So I got a new 20-gallon garbage can. I lined the inside with a clear garbage bag and then siphoned about 15 gallons of the tank's water into that. Then I just dragged the garbage can into the bedroom after putting the tank where I wanted it, and used a clean bucket to put the water from can to tank. I ended up conserving about two-thirds of the tank's water that way! I filled the remaining water using the Python, since the spigot I used is not connected to the water purifier and runs right from the well.

(I put the Penguin filter for that tank on my other 55g goldfish tank during the move, so none of my bacteria wold die.)

I know that you fellow fish people will respect the amount of work that goes into moving your tank from room to room! Maybe you could use this idea in the future.

cool idea :D , another way is to store the water in the bath, of course bath would have to be very well cleaned first :) hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm and after, wifey would not like to bathe in old fishy water probably best not to tell non fish loving partners :blink::bath

Archived