Calling Fluval Cannister Owners

Hmmn, have you checked the impeller? there may be gunk in there? There was a tank in a shop that I was working at that had the fluval, and it started making a really loud racket. It eventually expired. -How old is your cannister?

should still be under warrantee? I'd contact the lfs/website u got it from.. is there any difference in the flow of water between the two? has the one making the noise slowed the rate the water comes out? I can't really help much coz the fluval which was in my shop was really old, but the noise was definitely coming from the impeller/motor... it eventually stopped working. :angry: I'm glad it wasn't my filter/tank/fish it belonged to a friend of the shop-owner. Do you have all the warrantee papersork/invoice still? -that'd be your best bet...

Madeleine's right.... In Australia, the importers are happy to service/replace any faulty parts/ cannisters - so you should be able to contact the people you purchased it from for a looksee.

Another thought, my 404 was making a racket up in the motor/impellor area so I ordered a new impellor and ceramic shaft and voila - no more noise.

I'm not sure if it's that simple though so would try and track down the importers and ask them to take a look.

Good luck :)

Archived