Otocinclus

mrbowlerdude

Algea is starting to become a hassle, and I thought it would be best if I just got an algea eater. But out of the compatible fish listed on the site, the closest thing I could find is an otocinclus. They're not labeled dwarf, but are really small. I was wondering if they're the same thing and will work?

I don't hear much about people who have them. Everyone says the bristlenose pleco is the best. But I just can't find them anywhere.

Oto's are actually good algae eater's,but they do stay small.If you're wanting them for a goldfish tank,I would advise against it.They just seem to fit into Goldies mouth's a bit too easy for me to feel comfortable.Size wise,the Bristlenose is about the best. I'm not saying that people don't keep them with Goldies(Oto's)-just saying it's not always to the Oto's advantage. JMP though. :)

Definetely only with slower fish - something the otos can swim away from. Mine are with 3 telescopes, and they never harmed the oto. Of course, try the same with orandas, ryukin, or comets, and the oto is lunch or dinner, like Devs said... :)

Archived