Heat Or Not To Heat

BuriedAlive55

Ok I came across a 55 gal CHEAP!!! So i plan on buying it, well, it only comes with the tank and lighT. Now I plan on houseing my goldies in it. Being that they are 2 fish to a 10gal (but there babies so don't yell at me) NEWHO. I do have a 55gal already and it came w a heater. and i have tropical fish so the temp needs to stay at 80. Do you think that it needs a heater? My room is at a temp of like 70 but with the light the 10gal tanks normally stay at like 75ish at night it probly drops like 70 or so becasue there lights are off. they have been in my room like 2 weeks and seem to do fine with the temp. does it do the same in a 55gal or will they get to cold? I don"t want nething to happen to them so that is Y i am Qing?

So to heat or not to heat???

:) There are alot of people who don't use a heater,and that seems to work fine with them.I personally prefer them myself.I feel more comfortable knowing that my tank is at a consistant & stable temp all the time. I have also found that in my own experiences,that my fish seem to have less issues with "floaty" problems,and health by doing that. :) If you feel that your room stays at a consistant temp thru the winter months,and the temps won't fluctuate too much, and you're comfortable with that,then it's fine.I'm sure we all have different opinions though. :)

I live in florida so the temp really is hot hotter and hottest lol and my hourse temp never changes even in winter we always have the thermast at 70. I was just worried if they needed it for health reasons I mean the guys in my room seem fine but like I said they have only been there for like a few months so I can't really use that as a determanation of if it is healthy! Thank u soo much for your imput..I think I might leave it as is and if I feel they get to cold then invest in a heater!!

THANK U FOR UR HELP!!!

Archived