Little Guy Not Moving Around Too Much

froggydella

HI~

One of my smaller snaily's seems to be acting funny the last few days, He just sits in his shell most of the day while the others cruise about the tank freely. Everything is fine, Water is good, Fish are fine, And the other snails are happy as larks....

I took him out tonight and put him a little bowl with some water to see if I could get him to come out, He has come out of his shell slightly but not all the way like the others. I am wondering if he is sick? or if there is some medicine I should run out and get him? I am still new to the snail world so please excuse my ignorance.

I got him from Heather, and he is small about Nickel size or so with strips on his shell. I am going to try to get a pic of him soon if that wil help at all?? Any info. would be wonderful, I have heard mention of calcium? His shell is in good condition no cracks etc....Maybe he's just lazy????

Thanks Guys... :):heart

Heya Della!

Snails are more active at night, have you tried watching him after "lights out"? I know some of mine kinda go thru times where they're sleeping all the time, but they snap out of it. If your water is fine I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

:) Erika's right Della, as long as you're maintaining pristene water conditions,I really wouldn't worry too much.Nitrites/Ammonia,etc.must be reading 0 to say that your water is fine though.Some snails show signs of distress as soon as those read any sort of level.Some snails may be more sensitive than other's to them,.. Alot of my snails are very outgoing-night or day,but I also have those that would rather wait til evening to come out and check things out. :)

if he came out and slimed around on the desk, then maybe someting in your water is bohtering him....

thers no meds you'll need, most are harmful to snailies.

I would just keep him separate for a day or so, watch him, and make sure he eats well

Just keep an eye on him, sometimes snails will get inactive for a bit for no seemingly obvious reason :)

good luck :)

~ HIYA~

Thanks Guys, I think Your right Devs and Erikka!!! :) He seemed happy sliming up the desk last night Smack...I think I am a parnoid woman sometimes. :huh:

After I fed the hogs I put him back in the tank and within mintues he was in the dish pigging out. Water levels are good etc. So it's prolly just a case of him being lazy the last few days. I will have to check things out tonight after I shut the lights off and see if he sparks up a bit tonight.

Every single bean and cucumber I fed them last night is gone already so I think everyone is A OKAY...

Thanks...... :happydance:heart

Archived