Female In Distress?

Guest luvsmygoldies

Guest luvsmygoldies

Hello,

I have three goldies in a 65 gallon; one fantail, one Ryunkin, and one telescope eye. I love them more then anything! :heart I do a 15% water change every week, have a canister filter which is well maintained and my water quality is great! Low Nirates, no Nitrites, no ammonia, and PH around 7. My water is kept at a constant 72 degrees.

May male fantail is the oldest and getting large. i noticed a few days ago that he had the "pimples." He chases my Ryunkin all over but not too much just once every hour or so for a minute or two.

I don't know if it's a he or she (my Ryunkin) but the last few days she has spent a good deal of time at the surface gasping. I only feed food that sinks, and I feed fresh veggie matter at least once a week so I don't think it's an air blatter problem (plus she's not on her side or upside down) and my water is fine.

I am very nervous because a friend told me that if she is too young and my male is inticing her to produce eggs, it could kill her! Is it just stress or could she be in trouble? Is there anything I can do?

Any help would be great, thanx.

He could very well stress her to the point of exhaustion.

I had a couple orandas that did this and the female came down with Dropsy. Come to think of it, I have had 2 females do this. Anyway, the first female dropsied on me after the male wouldn't leave her alone and she died the next day. That is what brought me to koko's.

I would suggest seperating them to give the female a break. Then reintroduce her and keep an eye on them. You may have to do this for a while.

Archived