Our 75 Gal Is Finally Up And Running...

Sandman

After several weeks of work on a new cabinet and canopy, I finally got our new (used) 75 gallon tank and running. It has an EHeim 2026 cannister filter and an AquaClear 110 HOB filter. I also added a nice T5 light... Most of the driftwood was given to me by the previous owner. I also added the rocks and plants. BTW, if your looking for nice rocks to decorate your tank, make a visit to your local nursery or garden center - I got three beautiful rocks from our local nursery for almost nothing.

these are not the best photos - I will try to post more soon.

148-4813_IMG.jpg

148-4810_IMG.jpg

Thanks. Including tails, I say they are all about 7 or 8 inches. They are all doing well and seem to be enjoying their new tank. They dart around and chase each other in and out of the driftwood... BTW, in the pics, they are all nibbling on a piece of cucumber - I was trying to get the to stay in one place while I snapped the pics!!!

After the recent loss of the two beautful (and expensive) Orandas we ordered via the internet, we decided to go to the LFS and get new fish. My daughter picked out three very tiny fantails for our other tank (37 gallon). So far, they seem to be doing fine too. All three are about one inch and cost a whopping total of $1.99. Although they are not nearly as impressive as the Orandas, I have to say they are kinda cute. I'll post some pics of them soon too.

Cheers, and thanks for the nice comments on our new 75 gal setup - I put a lot time and effort into it.

Wow! I like the way the driftwood looks in the back and, you know, like everything else. Oh, I hope I can have a tank as nice as yours someday. :heart

Archived