I Want To Redo My Tank...suggestions?

Guest Ellen4God

Guest Ellen4God

Hey!! I'm wanting to totally redo my tank...new gravel and decorations maybe? But, I need some suggestions...so, i fyou have any, please let me know!! I have a 10 gallon with a fantail (I think he's a fantail), and a tiny black moore.

Sorry the pictures aren't the best...I'll try to get better ones later....

Petey2.jpg

This is Petey. I got him at Wally World this past week. I like...never buy goldfish at Wally World, but I had to run in to grab something, and of course, I had to stop by and gaze at the fishies...and I immediately fell in love with this tiny black moore!! He's the tiniest goldfish I've ever seen. I had to buy him. I named him Precious Petey..Petey for short.

Petey.jpg

Another of Petey.

MaxOpen.jpg

Petey's elder tank mate. This is Max. I've had him for a little over a month now.

Max2.jpg

Max again...

Max.jpg

Max..again. lol

Alrighty...that's is. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!! Thanks a ton. :]

Maybe change the color of the gravel or put up a dark background. This will create contrast and bring out the colors of your fish. Maybe not black tho.. I don't want your moor to dissapear!

Nice fish!

From your pics, it hard to see what you've got already but here are some suggestions...

A nice background always looks good plus it hides all the stuff behind the tank. I like a solid blue background.

I think a natural gravel in different colors and shapes looks nice too - they sometime refer to it as river rock... Plus it won't fade like colored gravels tend to do.

I also like to group plants of the same type in different sizes together - usually around a stone or piece of driftwood. Also, a tall plant in each back corner of the tank always looks good.

IMO, simpler always looks better - don't overdo it with too much stuff... In a 10 gal, a few nice plant groupings with a couple of small rocks or a piece driftwood should be about all you need.

Driftwood.... *sigh* I can never find that stuff except for online. How I long for it! I like my tanks to look natural...I think its the best look honestly. I have natural multicolor river rocks in one tank and another has small smooth beige rocks.

AW! Your fish are adorable! As for the tank nice!

You could get larger more natural looking gravel/stones for the bed...I dont know...I like the way your tank looks...just not the white gravel..other wise its gorgeous... :druel

And maybe add a few more plants?

Archived