Sign in to follow this  
Guest orandabuhlanda

Feeders And Orandas

Guest orandabuhlanda

Here are pics of my pond, first time taking pictures. Hope I uploaded the pictures right.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Your pond looks absolutely great B) And your fishies are beautiful :heart I love orandas and yours took my breath away :wub:

Edited by coyote ugly

Nice POND!!! :)

if you don't mind me asking how many fish you got in there and how many gallons?

I like the yard critters near the waterfall :D

You gots a koi in there, does everyone get enough food?

what a lovely array of fish you have, such a peaceful looking pond.

Beautiful pond!! And what great fish!! Nice job. :)

Guest orandabuhlanda

Umm, there are 3 orandas, I'm not sure how many feeders but but about 10?..

Yes Everyone gets enough food although they do fight over food sometimes. Thanks everyone! :D What I found about one of the orandas I bought was that there is some kind of gold lining on its fin below its body in picture 2.

Edited by orandabuhlanda

I :heart your orandas, they've got those chubby cheeks that are soo cute.

thats good everyone gets enough food, when i put my gfs in with 1 of my koi they never got any food :angry: but now they all live seperately :)

That Koi is awesome, soo pretty. I cant believe how big your Oranda is, I saw some at the LFS yesterday that were barely an inch long...what a comparison. Lovely fish, lovely pond...may I ask how long you've had them?

Edited by nichjake

Man for the first time uploading pics you sure did it like a pro!!!

Lovely fish!! Your pond is beautiful...Exucse my ignorence on ponds but what feeders are you reffering too???? ;)

Gotta love the Oranda's!! Such sweet lil fishy's!!! :D

Guest orandabuhlanda

Thank you all for the nice comments! :D I've only had the orandas for about a month, I bought them for 4.99 at C and D aquarium in San Jose. For feeders I am referring to all the fish that aren't koi or orandas. They are also known as comets I think! I've had the feeders for about a year though and two of them are as big as the koi!

Edited by orandabuhlanda

Ahhhh I refer to them as "loves" not feeders....LOL

Anyways thanks for clearing that one up for me.....Just coulden't see what you were talking bout.....Comets can get pretty big I hear!!! They will be fun to watch grow!!

Keep those pics rolling...They are great!!!!! :exactly

Guest orandabuhlanda

Will do, I'll see If I can get a vid of me feeding them tommorow. :D

Oh la la la :heart I'm in looooove!! Must be real nice sitting by the pond looking at the fishies doing their thing :D

ooooooooo pretty fishies! They have gorgeous color! I am jealous of your pond! :D

Your pond and fishies are simply beautiful!

You should put some benches around it to sit watch and relax. :)

Just a suggestion.

Beautiful Fish and pond. As your Koi and comets get bigger you may need to move the Oranda's. Eventually they will get bullied by the bigger and much faster fish. I keep my Orandas, Lionheads, and Ryunkins in one side of my pond (they come inside for the winter) and then the Koi, comets and shubunkins all stay in the other side and outside for the winter with a de-icer.

Stunning!

:D Fantastic pics of your pond! Would love to see and hear more. :exactly How many gallons is it,and how long have you had it? The fish looks so chubby & healthy! :D

thats an awesome pond. one day when i move to a warmer climate, i'm defintely building a pond.

Guest orandabuhlanda

My pond is about 350-400 gallons, Yes yes I realize I am a bit overstocked but I've faced no water problems with a large filter and a good 2000gph pump to provide good current for the fish. It was built by a friend of my uncle for free. There are actually 3 mini water falls that lead to the main one and a small stream that comes from a small upper pond. I will take pictures as soon as I patch up some cracks in the upper pond. As time goes by I plan on gradually removing more comets to make room for other fancies. I'm lookin for a a red cap oranda right now but can't seem to find a nice one! :( I try to sit and relax by the pond but as a teenager I tend to fiddle around with the filters even when there is nothing wrong :D