Orandas And Bubble Eyes

glitterfish

I was in mmm today looking at the Orandas. They have several large Orandas with a few Bubble Eyes. To my horror, the Orandas would grab the Bubble Eyes by the eye sacks and suck them while the Bubble Eye tried frantically to get away!! Has anyone experienced this in their tanks? I want an Oranda but I have 2 Bubble Eyes. Maybe I should keep them seperated? Thanks! :D

o.O

Poor bubble eyes!! Bubble eyes are the easiest fish to be picked on, so orandas might not be the best tankmates. Others here have done it and they are happy friends, so its more of a guessing game. Safer choices of tankmates would be more bubble eyes, celestials, telescope eyes or moors. Those are all vision impaired fish, so they will all get a fair chance at feeding times. Remember, goldfish do best with at least 10 gallons per fancy goldfish :)

I know, I felt so bad!! I just wanted to buy it to get it out of there. Was all white and so pretty. Argh.

Ok, Ill be waiting a bit to get an Oranda anyways.. I have time to think things out!! :D

When I get bubble eyes one day I will only keep them with celestials. I would not try to keep bubble eyes with fish like orandas or fantails because first off they have different needs as far as their environment, they may have issues competing for food, and yes, because other fish may bully them, and bite their bubbles. As far as I have heard, most people who have bubble eyes has said that when the bubble popped, the fish died....so when I get some I know I will be extra careful with them! Orandas are so beautiful and lovely. I have 3 and am planning on getting one more. But like I said, if it were me, Id separate them for the reasons stated above.

Archived