25 Gal Is Leaking!

blinky000

in the past i have filled up the tank a little too much and it has started leaking on the bottom but not severely and it tends to stop after a few hours. today i FINALLY got round to aquascaping, getting rid of the ghastly blue sand from the treatment like 6 months ago and it looks absolutely fabulous. then i realise its leaking again! so i think to myself, fine. ill put a tub under it and itll stop soon. WRONG! not only has the leaking got worse, its also now leaking in, count em, 5 places! so out the axolotls come just in case it falls through during the night and i guess im gonna have to get rid of all the lovely things in the tank and re-seal it tomorrow and hope for the best. i assume the extra weight of the sand has pushed the bottom panel gradually away from the seal which is why it keeps leaking.

urgh! as if things werent hard enough right now, the poor axies are homeless :wall

well, the whole of the bottom of the tank is cracked. it must have been a little crack causing the leaks before and adding the extra sand yesterday must have worsened it. thankfully dads gonna replace it in a couple of weeks so the axies gonna have to stay in the 50 gal for now. gone up in the world :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the leak in your tank, but I am glad you discovered it in time and didn't have a disaster :o

412479[/snapback]

I agree! It could have been much worse (not that this isn't bad enough!) Hope everything turns out ok. *crosses fingers*

Archived