Need To Cycle New Tank Can I...

I was only able to afford a good filter for my 45 gallon tank. It is making enough turbulence. I have zebra danios, but I have no air filter for the tank yet. Will there be enough air in the tank since the tank is not totally full and the filter is making enough turbulence. Should it be ok to put the fish in there or do I really need an air pump. It is an aquaclear filter good for tanks from 40-70 gallons and I have the water flow on high.

Hi,

Sorry that no-one has responded to your post yet, I suppose it must have been missed. :)

Whether it is OK to put your fish in the tank will depend on the number, type, plus temperature.

Provided:

-your tank is cycled;

-fish type do not need oxygen saturation;

-weather is not hot; and

-tank is understocked to start with;

then I would guess it might be OK. If you could give a bit more info, we could tell you more. What model filter is it?

Slugger :)

I want the danios in there to cycle the 45 gallon tank. I have done this for all my tanks. They are very hardy fish and haven't lost any during the cycling process. I put them in the tank this morning and they are doing fine, I will keep an eye on them. They are the only fish in the tank, it is going to be for 3 angelfish once it is cycled.

Archived