Leak In Tank

Guest Chishower

Guest Chishower

Last night about an inch of water managed to escape my tank, frying the power on that side of the room. I can't get it to turn on, but the circuit isnt blown. Go figure.

My powerstrip and floor were SOAKED and judging how warm the fridge was, they havent had air or filtration for quite a few hours.

Until I can get the power back on, I am alternating my weak battery operated pump between them. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Guest Chishower

I don't know if it has a leak or not right now, thats the only way I could think of for all that water to get out. I havent had time to check all the filters for leaks, as I am busy hauling all my food inside to the other fridge before it goes bad.

My poor battery operated pump is hardly able to handle airating both those tanks.

oh ok sorry!

sorry iv got no idea about the electrics, just dont touch em till they are totaly dried out.. maybe call an electrician, and ask advice?

i hope you can find out what gone wrong and fix it soon, and that your fishys are ok

Well, could the water have leaked from anywhere else in the house? If not, then I think it is safe to say it is the tank. Sorry about that happened. Did you get the power back on? I would call your hydro provider if it is not working yet.

Guest Chishower

Yep, it was a filter. One of my makeshift media baskets was channeling water OUT of the filter, but I fixed that.

And the power is back on! Yay! Dad fixed it. I think that enough excitment for one week, eh?

Archived