Breeding

Guest goldygirl

Guest goldygirl

how old are goldfish when they're mature enough to breed? i've been told that they can be between 2 and 4 years, but my 6 month male ryukin is trying to mate with my 6 moth old black moor female, apparantly this is very bad becaues it can mean the female will never have fry if she is mated with too early

is this right?

:yeah:;):unsure::huh:

A goldfish is normally mature in about 1 year. What do you mean by ur ryukin is trying to mate with ur moor? is the ryukin chasing the moor around & bumping into the moor's anal area?

If both ur fish are really 6 months old, then they're unlikely to be mature, so the female won't release eggs whatever happens. Both my fantails did that but as they're still juveniles they ceased doing it pretty quickly. Keep an eye on ur fish, if the bumping continues for days and things get pretty violent for the female, then i'm afraid u gotta separate them :)

Guest goldygirl

sorry, they were born 6 months ago, they've stopped bumping now though. when they are mature do they bump all the time or do they only at certain times of year?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived