What Can I Do

Guest Croc_123

Guest Croc_123

my sons day care has done it again , yet another goldfish in a bowl , this is very frusterating! here is what has happened so far, A few years ago when my son in the earlier rooms, the teacher bought a 5 gallon bowl and put a goldfish init, (actually before they had it in a quart size fish bowl) any ways they put it in the 5gallon bowl, then a few days later put a moor in it to keep the fan tail company. this was going to be a dissaster, because they diidnt cven have any air flow in the water, I printed of some info from this site stating that bowls are bad, and all the gold fish requirments, and guess what , they wouldnt listen to me <_< any ways near the beggining of this year one of the fish died, (I tryed to tell them) , and now the latest room that my son is in has a fan tail in a 2 gallon bowl, and there is not even an air pump in that. is there anything I can do, any low light live plants I can provide? or some luky bamboo to help fight the amonnia build up? forgot to mention to that there is another room there that has a pearl scale in a 1/2 gallon bowl. I hate it when people dont listen!!!!!!!!, anyways, thanks for letting me rant.

Could you perhaps pen a letter to the owner and suggest it's not the best example to set for children? And wouldn't it be better to teach all young the humane way to look after animals in their care?

Do you know any of the other parents? Perhaps they would be willing to make the same suggestion? So perhaps a kind letter from yourself (as a concerned parent and animal lover) and the more caring parents may go some way to making a difference.

I can certainly understand your frustration - it's heartbreaking when they don't care.

Thats so sad!!!

Id have the pearlie!!! send it to me!!!

as for plants, no in such little water I dont think they will make a difference.

And if the school is not even prepared to pay 2$ for an airstone then I doubt they gonna pay for plants :( or a filter.

Yes i think maybe writting a letter to the principle of the school and maybe try to get the school council to listen if you can get an apointment

And emphasise the fact thet we want to "educate" our children corectly.

Hopefully they will at least listen to what you have to say.

Best of luck with it!

I sure hope it makes a difference

and bless you for caring so much :)

Guest JustJayde

ugh that is so heart breaking.

I too, think the letter is a good idea, and if you can find anyone to support you on this it would be even better.

Animals in classrooms have almost always been under cared for and yet still they have them, I will never figure that out.

I hope you can win this for the little fishies, keep us posted on what happens, and good luck!

Guest PetalFlower

If they are unwilling to educate themselves on the care of these fish, doesn't that make you wonder about their willness to educate themselves on caring for your children?

Guest PetalFlower

Maybe you could speak to your vet, or the ASPCA/RSPCA and ask them to write a letter to the school for you. Maybe they would be willing to listen if a higher authority were to intervene? You could get the Humane Society to take somebody's dog or cat away from them if they were treated equally as poor, but for a fish? I don't know what they would do? Would they do anything? :(

Archived