Baby "fancy" Goldfish

glitterfish

I just got a pair of goldies that were called baby "fancy" goldfish. Here are 2 pictures. Sorry theyre not too clear, bad lighting and he is in a temp home until I get a hospital tank this weekend. And the black on him isnt anything, he has black tips and such, thats why i picked him! He is in the temp container because he has ich.

Anyways, I wanted to know what this fish is actually called and how big he will get?

Thanks!! :D

babygoldie.jpg

babygoldie1.jpg

I agree could be red cap oranda, time will tell if your fish develops a Wen. If not then its a red cap faintail.

Hard to tell untill they mature and we can see if the headgrowth starts to develop.

I sure hope you got a pair of red cap orandas there! they are so georgous! I am personally trying to get one myself but cant fine one.

I have never seen a red cap oranda with black markings, so in this case I would not be surprised it it is ammonia burns. In any case, dont be surprised if the markings go away! They probably wont stay for long. They are very cute though! I love red caps! A red cap oranda was my very first goldfish. They are called baby fancies because that is what they are. Its a very young goldfish....and its a fancy goldfish....they probably just get a mix shipment in and that is why they did not specify the type of fancy goldie. I dont think they are trying to claim it as a smaller goldie....just a young one.

i am getting aquarium salt tomorrow morning and i will start with that. right now i cam just changing the water everyday. he still looks wonderful and doesnt have much ich on him yet. also picking up a parasite medication just in case.

i will probably put him back with his tank mates as someone else suggested and salt everyone together since he was in there when i realized he had it. dont want anyone else getting infested!

i hope not too... its weird, i cant even see ich on him anymore since i took him out of the aquarium. is that possible? ive been doing daily water changes and he seems so healthy.

im still going to salt regardless though just to be safe!

Do you have a heater on your tank? How big is your tank? If you turn up the heat a little, it will speed up the lifecycle of the ich and boost their immune systems a litle. It might help cure them faster. Good luck with them :)

A heater isn't necassary for goldfish, or to cure ich. It might be a bit tougher to cure without one, but definately possible. If they start going down hill or don't improve, you might want to pick up some meds for them.

Ok, thank you very much Kissy. I dont see any ich on any of the other fish and my little baby is doing fine. I will salt the tank tonight with the baby back in the tank. If I notice anything I will get meds.

My 29 gallon is getting close to being cycled, yay!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the brother to this one died last week(got stuck in intake tube) and now this one is dying as well. I have him alone in a hospital tank. I have the three doses of salt with him but its not looking good. Hes just floating on the surface breathing hard. Its just a matter of time I think... :cry1

Archived