Tubs

goldfishlover10

Yes some people have used rubbermaid tubs and also make their own filter. Of course you'll need to get a pump, but I think you may be able to find one for around 30 dollars (maybe cheaper) that would work great for any rubbermaid. If you are able to get a good sized rubbermaid your five fish are going to be very happy. If you are going to put it outside you are going to probably want to put it in the shade because smaller ponds in the sun heat up quickly and at high temps and can cool down quickly at night.

Scott

Stock tanks are cool. I bet the plastic ones would work great! They come in lots of different sizes. i think you can get them at like farm stores...or something like that. Lol. Ive never been to a farm store. Im considering looking into that for an indoor pond. :)

here are some...

Oh! And some more!

here you can go where it says poly tanks. I think this website has pools too.

• 2 weeks later...

im planning on using a swimming pool also for "winterizing" my fish. i bought my filter on clearance at mmm or vvvv for 20 bucks. its a lauguna 400 so its ok and for the price unbeatable. my 100 gal pond was from menards and that was only 40 bucks. its a preformed so it easy to maintain and set up. since i convinved my parents to let me get it they have been enjoying it as much as i am.

Archived