What To Get?

Dory

Comet, Oranda, or Telescope?  

1. 1. Comet, Oranda, or Telescope?

• Comet
    • Oranda
    • Telescope

I am thinking about getting a new fish sometime soon, maybe not immediatly, but soon. the only problem is, I just can't decide what to get! At first I thought I'd get a pretty comet, because their cute and will grow big, but then I have always wanted an oranda. then yesterday I saw this gorgeous telescope at nnnnnn but I wasn't sure if it would get enough food with Dusty(my biggest fish) around! What do you guys think?

I already have a lionhead, and I want some variety, so probably not a ranchu(and I don't think they sell them here!).you gotta love those chubby cheeks though!

Guest shygirl0787

I would get an oranda! Right now I have one with a new baby ranchu/lionhead (not sure) but they are getting along very well :D .

Well my first choice (not listed is lionhead) but u got one already :) hehe cool!

so if you got a lionhead then id go oranda, they both go well together

If they gonna be in the same tank then a comet may be to fast for them and a telescope may not get the food as vision is a roblem

but your existing lionhead (if you putting in the same tank) will go fine with an oranda as they both fat body and similiar swiming capabilities.

Not ony they compatable tankmates but. Orandas as they grow the Wen just look soooooooooooooo adorable!!

Still can not beet the "puppy dog" look of a lionhead but hey they come so close. I think they will look good together.

What size tank do you have and what are your tank mates? I really want a comet, but I know I should wait a few years til I can make a mini pond so it will be more happy. I vote telescope tho, they are my favorites :)

Kissy- I have a 55g tank with a 1 1/2-2" lionhead named SunFlash(flash for short)and a 4 3/4-5" fantail named Dusty (plus one adult snail and nine snail babies who are extremely small, but I have them separated with an aquarium divider, because Dusty thinks they'er a yummy snack!)

At first I was really wanting a comet because my comet Dart just died and I wanted to have another one and name it Dart the 2nd after her. Now I am thinking maybe an oranda might be a better choice because (A it takes up less space than a comet and I was planning on getting more snails and breeding them so I need the space, and (B they would have no trouble getting enough food as that might be a problem if I got a telescope.

Archived