Free Koi In Md/dc Area

Tazz Knight

I dont know where to this should be posted, but a buddy of mines has four 6in koi that he desires to get rid. He is willing to give them away for free if you can come and get them out of his tank. He lives in PG County MD and only has 2 months before food runs out(in which he will euthenize them at the time). I told him I would put the word up here for him and see if anyone is interested cause I dont want to see the fish die...they are very healthy and lively.

Help me help them and him..thanx

:krazy::blink::(

Hey Tazz - I have three possibilities - I will get to work contacting them right away! Four 6 inch koi?!

What is the situation with the food? I'm sorry to be forward - but maybe we can get him some food... or is it the tank size?

thank you Graham and tinker...I am talking with him on yahoo messenger now...

Graham-

Hey buddy. Yes, 4 six inch koi...they are doing well and in good health. Thanx for contacting some peopel for him.

tinker-

Food is not the issue with him. He has enough to last for 2 month, he told me that he simple wants to get rid of them cause he wants to change his 60 gal tank into a tropical tank. Thanx for looking for a possible new home for the koi.

I will post a link to a page where you can view pics of the koi.

Hey Tazz - some of the poeple I would like to try calling couldn't be reached onthe weekend - so thatnks for having pix already by Monday! Is there any way taht the pix can be made larger?

Also, would you be able to PM a more specific location of where he lives - not necessarily his address yet, though. I need to be able to tell people how far they have to drive... THANKS! Let's hope it will work out! :)

• 4 weeks later...

LAST MONTH - I am happy to report that all four koi went together into the same - BEAUTIFUL - pond! They are serioulsy in Shangri-La! The transfer went off without a hitch! And, the new parents are particlualry proud because they didn't have any koi! They only have a few GF in the pond but they never had any koi before... so this really worked out well for everyone. They put a net over the pond to keep them safe! :D

And it was so much fun to meet Tazz! :lol:

TODAY - I got an e-mail from the proud new koi companions - the fish are doing very well and are adjusting very well to their new home! They have a heated pond so they can spend the winter there. The only thing is that the koi are still a little shy of the GF! :rofl But, they have tons of gorgeous plants to keep them safe and warm!

Hopfully, their new Mom and Dad will join us here at Koko's!

(I thought you would be happy to hear the news, Tazz, and please tell your friend)!

• 1 month later...

it was really awesome to meet you "graham". ..thanx again for helping me to help Bryan..he is happy to know that his babies are doing great...Hope to have more adventures in the near future

Far out - top story. Good on you Tazz for jumping in on their behalf :lol:

And high five to you Graham - how cool. Is there any way you can get any piccies of them in their new pond? (big ask I know :D ) I'd hate to think of their fate if it weren't for you and it'd be great to see them now. :D

Archived