Are Ghost Shrimp Compatible With Goldfish?

PaNdeM0niuM

Guest Fancy_Bubbles

Hi there, ghost shrimp are definately okay to keep with goldfish. The only thing that you have to make sure of is that they have adequate hiding places in the tank... otherwise they become a yummy protien snack for the goldies! They're fun to watch when they eat because you could see the food going through their bodies. That's how I could always tell whether they're hungy! :)

You could keep quite a few of them in your tank, they're excellent at picking at the bits of food and debris in the substrate, but make sure that they each have "their own living quarters" otherwise they'll start to quarel.

Hope this helps and have fun with your new ghost shrimp!

They sound like fun! Once I've got my 29 gall stocked with 3 goldfish, maybe I'll get some. I've got a gph of 350, what do you think is a good number? I don't think they make much waste, but would the shrimp be pushing it? Aslo...when you syphon the tank, how can you be sure you don't suck them up? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting a couple for my new tank - do they actually eat the algae off the sides etc. or do they need special algae bars?

Also, what happens to the exoskeletons - I've heard that they eat them?

Cheers,

VS045

I decided against the little shrimpies. I'm afraid I'll suck them up with a syphon, and I don't want my goldfish to eat them. They're creatures too! I'd put them in my ten gallon with the smaller fish but it doesn't have a top and I'm afraid they'd jump out.

• 1 year later...

hi nabki could you please not bring up old threads only reply to them if they are 2-3months old

thanks rock4life

well that is really the only rule not listed. i mean you can read 1 year old posts just don't reply to them. like advised above. oh and also if you reply in the disease and diagnosis or 911 section don't post anything unless it will help them like no saying the tank is crap and stuff i have been told off a few times from mods. just a heads up

but i was also told not to really reply unless you have knowledge in that field. as there are many other topics you can reply too.

Archived