Terra Cotta Pots

fantailfan1

I've been thinking about trying out the Tip of the Month and using the flower pot base thing that a terra cotta pot sits on to feed my fish. I've looked a couple of places and I have only found glazed bases. Should the base be totally unglazed or would glazed work?

Yes, most are glazed - simply because it is supposed to hold the water that trickles down from the terra cotta pot when the plants inside gets watered. If it wouldn't be glazed, people would find a nasty little water stain on their furniture... :)

And yes, I have used the glazed terra cotta bases with no problem, but if it bothers you, try the bases for the plastic pots. :)

Guest JustJayde

Hmn I have a completely unglazed one I got at the home depot..... they had a whole shelf full.

Another place that might have unglazed is craft shops.

Hmn I have  a completely unglazed one I got at the home depot.....  they had a whole shelf full.

Another place that might have unglazed is craft shops.

412172[/snapback]

Thanks for the idea. I checked my Home Depot but they were out of the size I needed. But I checked out Lowe's and they had the unglazed in the size I needed. Thanks again!

Archived