Channel Cat Fish

my friend has brought two channel cat fish. she brought them while she was in wales and when she researched them she found out that they grow to four feet and you have to have a licence to sell and own them! they are in a tank by themselves but they are growing quickly any ideas or info about these monsters?

All i know is what you have already said. She will need to find somewhere that will take them but its likely she is stuck with them. I dont think many survive to get to that length anyway. Sorry cant be more help but theres little info on keeping them in aquariums.

Maybe try and find a zoo that may take them in.

Guest Chishower

Cool. I plan on having a monster catfish when I am older...you know, when I can afford the 10 foot tank.

This may seem very obviously, but please make sure she doesn't try to release them. They eat everything. until she can find a home for them, I guess its time to break out the kiddy pools!

If I were her, I would dash out and buy one of those above ground swimming pools koi owners use, but I understand that most people cannot afford to or dont have the room to do that. But can you imagine how cool it would look all planted? Awesome.

my friend has brought two channel cat fish. she brought them while she was in wales and when she researched them she found out that they grow to four feet and you have to have a licence to sell and own them!  they are in a tank by themselves but they are growing quickly any ideas or info about these monsters?

411466[/snapback]

Philly, I have to ask, is that a BLUE GF in your sig??

I've seen pics of this color, but always wondered if its the camera or if there really are Blue Goldfish! :blink:

Everyone should know that is is illegal to keep ANY animals that are indiginous to your area. I am pretty certain of that! You have to get permits & special areas to keep them. That's why if you find an abandoned animal you should report it, not take it in.

Even pigeons or doves? vvvv used to sell the same ringneck doves that live on top of my house Wow didn't know that. Ooops.. I better not list some of my rescues x_X I did turn the hurt pigeon in to a bird rehabilitions-adoption wildlife association. The poor thing had a bb in its wing and couldn't fly. It had healed over and was pretty tame with humans (it would sit on my shoulder nicely :D ) so she woul give it a health check, and adopt it out as a pet. That made me soooo happy :)

I'm talking about taking wildlife in as pets, ya' can't do that. In most cases you aren't supposed to take them in at all. You could contact the Forestry Department I'm sure if they do not know they could point you to who does!

**anything you purchase from a legal pet store HAS to be legal oe THEY would lose THEIR license!!**

nah thats not a blue fish tinker i think it might be the flash on the camera thats a black moor or he could be a funny colour because i have no light in my tank?

the catfish are about 5" i think, she plans on keeping them they are in a very big tank she would never get rid of them she rescues animal she has over 100 pets!!!

Archived