Meet Phil Keogan

Guest WoodenCoyote

Guest WoodenCoyote

:newfish

I got my fish today, another pearlscale named Phil Keogan after the host of The Amazing Race. He's the cutest little thing I've ever seen. I'll get some photos up asap.

It was really sad at the pet store though. The fish tanks are filtered by a system that sucked the water through a pipe at one end of the tank and shoots it out a nozzle at the other. Today, the water was blasting so hard the poor fish were pressed against the glass! The poor things could barely swim an inch before they were slammed back into the wall again by the current. I told a clerk as fast as I could, but he said there wasn't much he good do. It was awful.

Poor Phil looked so sad when I got him. He was listless and depressed in his travel bag on the way home, I was really worried. But when I got him in his new tank he perked up right away. I think he's much happier now that he can actually swim around :D

Guest WoodenCoyote

OMG your fish looks just like Bugger! I don't have any pictures of Phil at the moment [ he's actually kinda copper-colored ] Its just Big in my sig at the for now. Still, that's eerie... :blink:

Hey there! ansd welcome sinsie I not spoken to you before

I LOVE pearlies!! I got a lovely one called Coco Chanel

and I want more!! My coco has grown an inch in 4 weeks!! once I got her in good water.

I sure hope yours does well too...sounds like you had probs from the pet store, but I think with your care your fish will thrive.

Best of luck

and post MORE pics!

Guest WoodenCoyote

Thanks everyone!

Phil is working out great. We had a little friction the first time I put him in the big tank with Bugger - turns out Phil's a little nippy. So he got to spend the night back in fish jail (as my friend calls the little tank), and the next day he was much better behaved :)

Archived