So Now She'll Listen To Me

Guest PetalFlower

Guest PetalFlower

Well, I may just be able to save a little fishies life. I think I may have finally gotten through! :happydance

Short Version - A friend of mine put 2 new fish and a frog into her 2 week old 5 gallon tank along with her first goldfish <_< . When I tried to educate her about cycling, I think it went in one ear and out the other.

Anyway - I saw her recently and surprise, surprise... They all died except for the first one of course.

I again explained why this happened, which came as a shock to her (like I said in one ear and out the other). She also noticed that my fish are HUGE compared to hers, which were once the samw size. So I explained a little about water quality and the growth inhibitors that fish expell. I asked her how often she tested and changed her water. She said, "I have only added new water once, I've never tested it". :yikes

Well - she has agreed to read "Keeping Goldfish: A Brief Guide for New Owners" Written of course by a Koko's member (can't remember who it was sorry!) So, hopefully, her fishy will soon be much happier and healthier, and hopefully live a full life.

*Sorry about the long post*

She agreed to read it. Now let's see what she does with her newly acquired (and probably a little overwhelming) knowledge. I wish her the best in her future goldfish endeavors.

Good job helping her see the light! :hi5

Archived